Thursday, May 2, 2013

May LYoF - Apiary Quilt

A Lovely Year of Finishes

May Goal: Finish the Apiary quilt for my sister, Allie
Started: December 2012
Left to do: Piece the blocks, assemble the top and back, quilt and bind.

It's high time I get to finishing this! Many wedding and baby quilts got in the way after I started this in December. My sister is moving to RI in a few days and I want to be able to give this to her as a housewarming gift. Something to remember me by as she freezes her ass off up north.


The quilt pattern is a free one by Kate Spain. I am using shades of yellow and neutrals. Some of the fabrics are vintage. I want to do a crazy back with a bee and some orphan blocks. Once again, I have probably over committed but I am determined that it will get done. Linking up with the rest of the LYoFers here

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great project! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, you got this! Do you have any of the Laurie Wisburn Bright & Buzzy fabric? Probably too late, but it would *bee* a nice addition. (Zing!)

    ReplyDelete